Sony Playstation and Xbox are the two leading gaming consoles for gamers worldwide. Most of the times PS took over Xbox in many aspects and become the best gaming console to date. In a similar manner, Android is the leading platform for gamers to play games rather than on iOS devices. There are multiple reasons behind this and they include hardware cost, etc. Just imagine, How it feels if you can play PlayStation games on android devices?.
Today, I am going to try it out on my android (Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge Plus). The task will be accomplished with a Sony ps3 emulator for android smartphone.
This PlayStation 3 emulator will act as a barrier between PS3 Games and Android Operating System. It means that you can play all games of PlayStation on your android smartphone or tablet. The task of playing ps3 games on Android will become easier if you know more about the PlayStation and how ps games work on Android.
About PS3 Emulator
Sony PS3 emulator is an emulator that will help you play most of the games of Sony PlayStation on your android smartphone or tablet. In fact, the emulator itself is a gaming console on which you will be playing PS games on your Android device.
It does not mean that you will be able to play all games of PlayStation on your android as those games are native.
Moreover, you can play most of the games without any issues and errors. Just install the PS3 Emulator Apk on your android device and side load PS games on it and play.
In case you face app crashes, just restart the device and play again. Check more about the emulator.
|App Name||PS3 Emulator|
|App Compatibility||Android 4.0 to Android 7.0|
|Downloads||1 Million +|
Is it Really Possible to Play PS3 Games on Android?
My answer to this question is “Yes” but with few limitations. Of course, you can run PlayStation games on your Android device using the PlayStation emulator. But it is not at all possible to play big games like “The Last of US“, “Red Dead Redemption“, “Uncharted 3“, “Dark Souls“, and few other CPU Intensive Games as well.
It means that you can play some mediocre auto responsive games. Better RAM, CPU, and GPU will help you play games without crashes, frame cuttings, etc. So, you should acquire an Android smartphone with all above elements and better graphics as well.
How to Download and Install PS3 Emulator for Android?
Here you go!
- Download PS3 Emulator Apk file from this link.
- Enable “Unknown Sources” on your android device. To do that, Go to Settings >> Security >> Toggle On “Unknown Sources” option.
- Go to the emulator apk file location on your android device. Just click on the apk file and follow few simple on-screen instructions to carry out the installation process.
- The pause button will pause the installation and you can go back to the home screen and remove unnecessary apps to make some room.
That’s it! You have installed PS3 Emulator Apk on your Android device. As a result of that, you can start playing ps3 games on your android device right away.
How to Use PS3 Emulator on Android to Play Games
You have downloaded and installed the apk file till now. But it’s not enough, you should set up everything to play ps3 games on your Android device. Here you go!
Note: Make sure you have better performing internet connection, and a bluetooth controller.
- Actually, the PS3 Emulator Apk will only work in China, in order to make it work in your country, you need a VPN that provides you China IP Address.
- Download Hola VPN from google play store using this link. You may use any other VPN that provides you China IP.
- Install Hola VPN App on your Android device and open it now.
- Set your country as China from the list you see on the Hola VPN app.
- On the next screen, you need to select the PS3 Emulator app and open it up.
- VPN that you have installed may ask your authorisation sometimes, give it and wait for sometime till the emulator app opens up.
- Tap “Continue as guest” which is at the bottom right corner of the app.
- Now, the app will show you some games (PS3 Games), you can swipe left and right, tap any of them to start playing.
- The game will take sometime to load up completely on your Android device. Don’t panic! it won’t take much time.
The PS3 Emulator for Android will show gaming controls on the screen, so you don’t need to fall behind any third party gaming controllers.
Moreover, you can download ps3 games for android from the official website and load them to the emulator.
Note: As the games are mainly developed for PlayStation, you may experience some clumsy movements while playing games.
Few other articles you may like:
Playing games become simple with the invention of various games compatible with the devices. Moreover, you can play cross platform games with no issues and one such trial is, playing ps3 games on Android. Yes, you can play PlayStation games by using PS3 Emulator for Android. I would always love to hear from you about my writings and of course, you can use the comment box.