People prefer Android over any other OS because Android is the only operating system which offers extreme customizations like installing third-party apps, etc. But every Android Phone (Unrooted) will be limited to certain features and settings. Rooting Android Phone will open the doors to unlimited customisations. As I said earlier, Android offers a lot of customizations, but to gain access to your device’s settings to its potential, you need to root android phone.
In this article, I am sharing some of the best ways to Root Android without Pc in 2017. Before jumping into the topic, let me clear all the doubts regarding android rooting.
What is Rooting?
You’ll find tons of articles explaining the root and its process to gain. If you’re someone who is holding basic knowledge in techy things then most probably you’d understand nothing. Many people think that rooting is a complicated process, but actually, it’s not. Let me explain you about rooting in my words for better understanding.
Rooting is nothing but gaining access to full control over your Android. Most of the mobile manufacturers don’t offer deep customizations and settings. But to unlock the potentiality of your device, you need to root your Android phone.
It’s like jailbreaking the iPhone, Once you successfully root your Android device, you’d get deep-dive access to the settings of your device. You can make unlimited customizations on your device to make it faster and smoother than ever before it was.
Advantages of Rooting
There are tons of benefits of rooting the Android device, the list of advantages is massive. Here I’ve mentioned some of the most useful and attractive benefits of rooting.
- Removing Bloatware: Many Android phones nowadays come with shit loads of bloatware, and simply you can’t uninstall them using the settings option. To remove all the bloatware apps, you need to get root privileges. Device with less/no junk will lead to good performance.
- Root Access: You’ll be able to unlock the features which are locked by the manufacturers using the root privileges. (Example: wireless tethering )
- Install Third-Party Apps: In unrooted phones, users cannot install apps which are bit incompatible and unstable, but one with root privileges can install all type of apps.
- Stay Updated to Beta Versions: Having Root privileges will help you in staying updated with latest Android OS versions. This feature could be very useful for developers.
- Unlimited Customisations: After passing a certain period, you’d get bored with your device’s skin and launcher. Having root access will allow you to change the skin of your device to make it look better and new. Check out the Best Go Launcher Themes and Icon Packs and also Free Windows Launchers for Android, you can install them even without rooting your device.
- Custom ROMs: You can also install custom ROMs if you have root privileges, installing ROMs is not possible on unrooted devices.
- AdBlock: There are plenty AdBlock apps for the rooted android device. You can get rid of those annoying ads that pop-up while browsing for the important information you need.
- Full Backups: Root access will be super useful when it comes to full backup. The normal Android device can’t be backed up fully, you need to root it in order to take a full backup.
- CPU Clocking: Increasing the CPU frequency will help us while playing CPU Intensive Games. Decreasing the CPU frequency will lead to the extended battery life. Check out the Best Battery Saver Apps to save battery if your device is not yet rooted.
Disadvantages of Rooting
There are no many disadvantages of rooting, having root privileges will give you access to unlimited customizations. However, there’s one significant disadvantage of rooting which I would like to mention. So here it is.
- As soon as you root your Android device, the warranty of your device will void. Once you install root on your device, you’re on your own. The company will not be able to help if your device faces any damage. However, there are some popular brands like Xiaomi which offers warranty even after rooting. So it’s better to check with your device’s brand before installing the root privileges.
Prerequisites to Root your Android Device
Rooting is not a simple process as it sounds until and unless you meet some prerequisites. Here are they.
- At least 50% Battery Level or Connected to Power Source.
- Active Internet Connection (Mobile Data or Wifi).
- Some free space on your Android device.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings >> Developer Options >> USB Debugging >> Enable it.
Permissions to Install third-party apps is yet another important prerequisite. You need to allow installation from unknown sources, to do that open up your settings. Scroll down till you find “Developers Options,” open it and tick mark the option “Allow Installation of Apps From Unknown Sources.”
By doing this, you can install any Apk file on your Android device. Improve the performance of your rooted android phone with these Best Rooted Apps for Android Devices.
How to Root Android Without PC or Computer in 2017
There are many ways to Root Android Without PC, but most of them will not work for all brand’s models. Here I’m going to share two ways which you can use to Root Any Android Phone without Pc. These are two apps which can help you in getting root privileges on your Android device.
KingRoot – Root Android Phone Without PC
Kingroot is one of the most popular apps which is capable of installing root on almost all Android devices. The app is completely free to download and use. Here are the exact steps which you need to follow to gain Root Access on Android without PC using Kingroot.
- First of all, you need to download the Kingroot apk. Follow this link to download the latest version of Kingroot from the official website.
- The Downloading will be over within few minutes (depending on your internet connectivity).
- Now go to downloads, find and Install Kingroot Apk on your Android device.
- Since the app is very small in size, the installation part will be completed within few seconds.
- Open the Kingroot app; it will show you whether your device is rooted or not on the homepage screen of the app itself.
- Click on start rooting to initiate the installation of rooting; the rooting process may take a few minutes to finish (If your device starts rebooting while installing the root, please don’t panic. It’s just a part of the process).
- After few minutes, you’ll see the success message of successful root installation.
That’s it; Now your Android device is rooted. You can enjoy all the root privileges from now.
TowelRoot – Root Android Phone Without PC
TowelRoot can root almost any android device, millions of people have used TowelRoot to root their android phone. The app belongs to chinese developers and targeted for Chinese smartphones. Well, if you have a Chinese device, then I highly recommend you to try TowelRoot first. The success rate of Rooting with TowelRoot is very high than any other rooting apps.
The process of rooting via TowelRoot is same; you have to follow the same instructions which I’ve written above in Kingroot’s process. Not to neglect, check out the instructions provided below.
- Download the TowelRoot apk from the official site to prevent malware/trojans.
- Go to Downloads Folder and Install TowelRoot Apk file on your Android smartphone. As we already know, the installation may take some time, don’t operate anything in the meantime.
- Open the TowelRoot app on your Android smartphone.
- Click on Start Rooting to root your Android device without installing any other third-party apps.
That’s all! Restart your Android smartphone and enjoy the root privileges.
KingoRoot – You don’t need a Computer
KingoRoot is yet another awesome app to Root Android without computer. Just like the above methods, you don’t need a computer, it’s just enough to follow the instructions I have provided below. Make sure you follow any one of the methods provided in this article. You don’t need to go with each and every method.
- Download KingoRoot Apk file by going to https://www.kingoapp.com. You can download the PC Version if you are on pc as it has higher success rate than the Mobile version.
- Transfer the file to your Android device using the File Managers from your pc.
- Install KingoRoot.Apk file on your Android device.
- Launch KingoRoot App and tap “One Click Root” to start rooting your Android device.
- Just wait for some time without touching your device. A result screen will appear with a message either successful or failed. In most of the cases, it will be successful.
That’s all you should do with a KingoRoot app on your Android device. In case if the root is not successful, you can go with the PC version or you may follow any of the methods provided in this article.
This way, you can Root Android Without PC, There are various other Rooting Apps to root your Android devices. Hope these methods are just enough to get the job done.
Rooting Android device has both the advantages and disadvantages. Make sure that you have clarity on rooting android phone. We have few methods that won’t damage your android device. You need to follow the simple instructions to Root Android without PC, Windows or Mac. I would like to hear you in the comments. Thank you so much.